Affiliate Terms and Conditions
The fine print to help you our Affiliate make the most of your account.
Our Affiliate Terms can be found below:
The Red Hippo Affiliate program is designed to help you generate income in exchange for referring new hosting clients to our company. Please see the terms and conditions associated with our affiliate program.
- Affiliates are paid a one-time referral fee for each hosting account referred to our services. A referral is counted when a unique customer first clicks on an affiliate tracking link and within 90 days completes the signup process and stays active for 90 days.
- Affiliate accounts must be active at the time of the referral. No referral fee will be given to your affiliate account for sales that occurred before you joined the affiliate program.
- Missing or un-tracked affiliate referrals must be reported during the current referred period (1st to 15th or 16th to end of month). Referrals that take place and are not reported during the current period will not be credited to your account.
- Affiliate referral fees are locked 45 days after the end of the month in which the credit is recorded. EXAMPLE: Credits recorded on the 1st of January will lock on the 15th of March and payments are sent out after the 1st of April until payments are completed.
- Affiliates must earn a minimum of R200 before the affiliate amount is eligible for payment.
- Payments are sent using:
- PayPal (we pay for the PayPal transaction fee so PayPal doesn't deduct anything from the payment).
- Internet Bank Transfer (EFT).
- Affiliates are responsible for any and all fees, taxes, exchange rates, surcharges and other expenses incurred in order to receive their referral fees. Please check with your local banking institution or PayPal to find out if any of these apply for your account.
- Referrals must have an active hosting account for 90 consecutive days or referral fees will be reversed.
- Referrals that downgrade their hosting packages will be reversed.
- Referrals that issue a chargeback or are found to be fraudulent (false information, fake/stolen credit cards, selling counterfeit goods etc. will be reversed regardless of the amount of time that has passed since the signup occurred.
- Referrals that cancel before you have reached the R200 payout minimum will be reversed.
- Customers using non-standard rates (rates not available though the affiliate program) are not elligible for affiliate referral fees. Non-standard rates include but are not limited to: sales, promotions, email offers, prepaid accounts and discounted pricing offered to educational, government, non-profit and charity organisations.
3) Advertising Compliance
- Affiliates MAY NOT offer cash back, rewards or other incentives to drive traffic/sales via their affiliate tracking links.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use traffic that is generated by pay to click, pay to read, banner exchanges, click xchanges, CPV advertising, pop-up/under, SPAM, purchased traffic or similar methods.
- Affiliates MAY NOT use cookie stuffing techniques that set the tracking cookie without the user actually clicking on the referral link (for example a 1x1 pixel iframe).
- Affiliates MAY NOT bid on or use trademark, trademark +, or misspelled keywords for the purpose of PPC on Internet search engines (Google, Yahoo, MSN, Ask etc.).
- Affiliates MAY NOT use trademark, trademark +, or misspelled keywords in their domain names.
- Affiliates are responsible for ensuring their tracking code is working properly before sending traffic to our servers. Any modification to the links is the sole responsibility of the affiliate. Referral fees will not be paid for tracking errors caused by editing, masking, redirecting or tampering with your links.
- The use of redirected pages and links to send a user to our site is prohibited. Example: you may not have a PPC link on a search engine that redirects the user to our site.
- Domain forwarding is prohibited - you may not purchase a domain and set it to forward directly to our site using your affiliate link.
- Affiliates MAY NOT copy our website or portions of it and display them on their own site or subdomain.
- Affiliates MAY NOT engage in the advertisement of business-opportunity sites or use marketing practices that attract fraudulent or short-term customers (customers with low retention and renewal rates).
- Affiliates MAY NOT use trademark, trademark +, or misspelled keywords in their page titles.
- Affiliate accounts may be deactivated at any time without warning or notice. Your account WILL BE DEACTIVATED and referral fees set to R0 for failure to comply with the Affiliate Terms and Advertising Compliance contained herein.
- Any false or misleading advertising or suspected fraudulent activity associated with your affiliate account will result in immediate deactivation.
- Affiliate accounts generating a large number of fraudulent accounts will be deactivated.
- Affiliates may not resell hosting. All clients must provide their own payment method and contact information to be eligible for affiliate referral fees.
- If you would like to discontinue your affiliate status, simply remove your affiliate links and no longer promote them. For accounting purposes your account and personal information will not be removed from our system.
BY REGISTERING AS A RED HIPPO AFFILIATE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST DISCONTINUE THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE AFFILIATE PROGRAM, OR DEACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU ARE ALREADY A MEMBER.
Changes to the Terms and Conditions apply to you. You may review the most current version of the Terms and Conditions at the site. Red Hippo may change the Terms and Conditions, in whole or in part, at any time at Red Hippo's sole discretion. Posting of such changed Terms and Conditions on the site shall constitute notice of such changes to you, although Red Hippo may choose additional types of notice. Red Hippo will use reasonable efforts to provide you with 7 days advance notice of changes that materially and adversely impact your use of the Affiliate Program. Your continued use of the Affiliate Program following notice constitutes your acceptance of all changes. If you do not agree to any such changes, your sole and exclusive remedy is to deactivate your account as described above.
We would love to hear from you so please feel free to contact us.